Chefakila (“chefakila” or “we” or “us”) is an online website that has been offering authentic Indian cuisine upon orders.
Chefakila (we) respects your privacy and is committed to collect and process your personal information in a transparent manner as per the data protection law including General Data Protection Regulation. Please read our practices below regarding handling of your personal data by us.
Type of information that we collect
We may collect certain information from you when you are visiting our website as detailed below:
Information that you provide like your name, date of birth, residential address, email address, contact numbers, payment related information such as mode of payment, credit card information and the like while registering or availing our products/ services on our website and information provided upon further services in our website.
The transaction details that have been carried out by you in our website while availing orders/ services.
A communication sent by you in any mode will be kept as a record of correspondence when you get in touch with us for any query or complaints.
You may also be asked to complete the surveys at your wish which will be kept for our research purposes.
Information about your visits to our website which includes location, your shopping/ browsing activity, log information about your browser such as your computer’s IP address, type of browser and version that you use, date and time of your visit, pages that you visit and how long you have spent on different pages.
What we do with the information that we collect
We may use the information that we collect from you for the following:
- To provide you with access to certain parts of our Website
- To verify your identity & keep our website safe and secure
- To manage/ administer our website For our internal operations such as your transaction related matters say example communicating you for any incomplete transactions etc.
- To carry out our obligations under any contracts agreed between us
- To process any of your request
- To execute any orders made through our delivery service
- To improve user experience by presenting the contents in the most effective manner
- To notify about any changes in our services/ Website
- To process for any entries when you enter into any competitions run by us
- To get your feedback/ comments/ views on our services For better customer services to interact with you and for market research purposes to understand your needs well and want to build upon your feedback.
- To use for prevention of crime and fraud, detecting them and related matters.
- To provide wherever we are required to be disclosed legally by law (example: for any investigation by a public authority related to legal issues).
- To provide you with information about our products/ services either you may request from us or we may feel that you may have interest where you have already given your consent to be communicated for such purposes.
- To send special offers, promotional emails on new products or any other information that we may think you may find interesting using your email address provided by you.
If you change your mind about using your data in the ways described in this notice, please let us know by contacting us through our customer support. You may also opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the instructions outlined in the relevant communication.
Third parties & partners with whome we share your information
a. Third Party Service Providers
Third Party Service Providers who are working on behalf of us to render certain services to you to whom we may provide your information to execute the same such as our third-party service providers, sub contractors and agents. The services may include delivery & marketing services, IT and payment processing services say example processing order deliveries and sending you with confirmation of your order, taking payments, managing payment related issues and the like. However we disclose with the third party service providers about only the relevant personal information that is required for executing a particular service and that too upon having a contract with them to keep your information more safe and secure and not to be used for their own marketing purposes. We will provide your data only to selected service providers only when we satisfy with them based on their complying with security controls and data protection regulations.
b. Third Party Marketers
We may also allow the third parties including business partners or marketing & advertising companies to contact you by any mode that you have given your consent occasionally for services that you may be interested. If you do not want to get any communications in future, please let us know by contacting our customer support.
c. Third Party Providers we work with
Chefakila works with third party suppliers for providing high quality of products/ services and hence automatically we share your feedback with them for betterment of services. We will check whether you have consented, before passing the information to them.
d. To comply with legal obligations
Sometimes we may be required to disclose information that you have given to us:
- To comply with certain legal obligations
- To enforce our terms & conditions & any agreement agreed between us
- To protect the rights, property or safety of chefakila, employees, contractors or others.
This also include sharing information with other organisations for prevention of and protection from fraud or when it requires for internal investigation.
Transfer, Storing & processing of Data
You may be required to keep your password more safe and confidential that has been given to you to access certain parts of our website. Although we will ensure to give our best in protecting your information, internet is not fully secure platform in transmission of information. Hence we cannot give guarantee for security of the information transmitted through our site and it will be at your own risk.
Chefakila is committed to ensure for better protection of information that you have provided to us and keeping them more secure with secure network technology, encrypted communication, authentication and access control. We have also our internal procedures in place to ensure and safeguard your information from unauthorised access or disclosure.
A cookie is a small piece of data or text that is sent from a web server to your browser and is stored on your computer. A cookie can’t read data off your computer or read cookie files created by other sites. These cookies do not damage or harm your computer. These cookies are essential for making transactions processing and to improve our website. By agreeing to it, you allow cookies from our website. We also use google analytics cookies to review usage on our website and its traffic.
Cookies help to provide a better website and enable us to study about the pages that are useful to you and cookie will not give us direct access to your computer or any of your information other than that have been shared by you. Hence with the help of cookies, we can find out the number of users and usage pattern, to keep information about your preferences of choice, help to make our site more interesting to you and to recognise you when you visit our site next time. Most of the browsers automatically accept cookies. You can also change your settings to accept or decline cookies.
Links to other websites and social media sites
Your personal information
You may opt to restrict collection/ use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are filing a form on a website, check for any box to confirm that you do not want your information to be given to anyone for direct marketing.
If you have agreed already, but you do not want further communications you may write to us by contacting our customer support.
Without your permission, we will not sell, lease or distribute your personal information to third parties or that are required by law. If you feel that any of your information are incomplete or incorrect, please write to us by contacting our customer support and we will update those information.